Sunday, September 24, 2006

Family Weekend

This weekend my family came to visit Nick and I in SD! They arrived late Friday night, just in time to say goodnight to Nick because he was getting up at 3:00 a.m. to go duck hunting. I woke up to a phone call that morning from Nick asking me if we had insurance on our cell phones. Unfortunately they didn't kill any ducks because they capsized the boat. They hit a wave wrong and all three men had to bail out of the boat. When the boat flipped over it hit Nick in the back but he's okay! So...his phone is drying out at this moment (cross your fingers it works) and his friend's gun sunk to the bottom of the lake. They had to swim the boat to shore, good thing the water isn't too cold right now!

As for the rest of the weekend it was great. Shan helped me enter the blog world, Jon tried to eat a serrano pepper (I'll correct myself, a serrano pepper seed) and Sunday was a beautiful day to go to Fall's Park.





It was a great weekend and I already miss them (especially Ady!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey,love the pics of the falls area!(your gorgeous faces were nice to see too!) Glad to hear that nick and the gang made it to shore. Too bad there wasn't any quackers in the soup!j/k.

love you guys
stacy

Bradley said...

We had a great weekend! I wish it wasn't over already. Sioux Falls is a really neat city and your apt is very nice. I loved the fires at night. You two are great. Can't wait to see you soon-hopefully this weekend. Go parade of homes!
Guess what--Adelyn rolled over tonight for the first time EVER! Yay!