Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Happy St. Patty's Day...

So last weekend Nick and I went to the cities because I was going with Stacy to the bridal show. I took a half day on Friday so we could leave early and see the fam since we had other plans for Sat. and Sun. Adelyn now is crawling and loves to walk by holding your fingers. She even walks by herself when she's holding onto her buggy. I can't believe how big she's getting, Shan even bought her first birthday stuff (it was on super sale at the store!).

Saturday we woke up bright and ealry and went to John's (Nick's old roomate) house and met up with some people and went downtown St. Paul to celebrate St. Patty's Day. We started at 10:00 got down there around 11:00 (we took the light rail to the airport and took a bus from there) and went to the bars. We missed the parade (never went outside) but the bagpipes came through the beer tents and played so that was cool. After we had lunch there it got really packed and it'd take 15 min. to go from the restaurant to the beer tent, we finally left. I honestly didn't think I was going to make it all night for it was only 4:00pm. We rounded up the troops, hit the hot dog stands and walked to the next bar. We met up with Joey Jones (another Hib-town friend that was there for the Gopher's game). It was good catching up with him...and then we moved on at about 6:30. We rode the bus to another bar (my favorite one) where they had a guy from Ireland and some band members play live Irish music. It reminded me of Titanic when they were all in the basement dancing (except everyone dancing was not that good!). By this time I was hungry again so we walked across to McDonalds (mmm grease!). 11:00pm the guys were finally ready to leave and I jumped for joy!! I felt old, my knees were going to fall off from standing all day. Stacy came and picked us up and brought us back to John's house where we at pizza (I think I gained a few pounds!) and fell asleep! Thanks to Stacy for picking us up, I did not want to ride the bus again!!! Love you.

Bright and early Sunday we ate b-fast at the Bradley's and hung out (well played with Adelyn)! Stacy picked me up and we went to the bridal show....we spent a couple hours there, eating the most delicious desserts! We got some good ideas for her and it was fun just hanging out just the 2 of us since we never get to do that anymore! Twas a fun weekend, thanks to all!

1 comment:

Stacy, Jim and Brielle said...

I had a blast with you this weekend. Thanks for going with me to the expo! It sounds like you had a very hectic saturday...until I came along hahahah!