Monday, October 23, 2006

Halloween Fun

I called mom on Friday to see if she wanted to come visit for the weekend and after work she was on her way! Nick and I made it home just in time (after his fisheries banquet) to greet her. Nick went pheasant hunting on Saturday so we spent the day shopping. I forgot how much I love T.J. Maxx (can't wait for Thanksgiving weekend with Rose Ann!!!!). We were going to pick up pumpkins at the pumpkin patch but they were closed by the time we got there so we had to go to the HyVee pumpkin patch. Mom and I wanted to get a head start on my pumpkin (usually Nick is so speedy he kicks my butt) but I couldn't find the carving kits. I hadn't carved a pumpkin with just a knife in a long time so I picked an easy carving. When Nick started carving his he found the carving kits, figures. Sunday we went to the pumpkin patch/apple orchard to get another pumpkin but it was too cold to ride the tractor out to the field and choose so we picked apples instead, mmmm.


I wish I was a black cat!


We made some yummy cookies, mmmm


Don't laugh at my cat, go Irish!


I hope we can eat all of them, we'll have to make a pie!

3 comments:

Stacy, Jim and Brielle said...

funny cat!(sorry, i had a hard time at first telling what it was j/k!) glad you got to see bonbon...i miss her too! bake me a pie while your at it, k? hope to see you this week. oh, i work on thursday night, not morning (sorry, didn't realize)

Shainerz said...

Is that Dakotah in the first picture? I still need to meet her!
At least we can tell yours is a cat. If I were to take an attempt at it, you would have NO idea what mine was. haha. Now you got me in the pumpkin carving mood! :D
Save some pumpkin seeds for me.

I love you!

Bradley said...

Wow Nick. Sorry Stac but I'd say he won. He will have to take over for Unc and carve our babe's names in the pumpkins when they get older. very impressive!

How did the apple pie turn out? Little scoots is such a cutie! I love those pictures.